[musictlk] portastudios

Foggddm at aol.com Foggddm at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 03:26:21 UTC 2013

Timothy, I have a lot of things that aren't for "blind" people. So I don't
mind that. Also if other blind folks have already sorted through menus,
button presses etc that info is always helpful.
I have audacity and reaper and have worked with daws extensively. BUT with
them I am always ties to a computer and if I want to just compose when the
mood strikes the portastudio was always ready with a simple power on and a
quick guitar plug in.  Again, not knocking anything, just something that works
efficiently  for me. May not be for everyone. I have plenty of non blind
gear such as my rp 1000 and rp 500 and my harmony man which require me to
count button presses and wade through menus etc. In those cases I needed them to
get the sounds I work with. Plus they work great for live performances.
Thanks for any assistance you can give
dale