[musictlk] question about performing conducted music

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 15:47:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,
     I'm in a university steel band and this semester, we are
performing some classical music that will be conducted with visual
cues rather than audio ones. Steel bands normally perform with the
director giving the band a 4 count audio cue into the piece. However,
with this music, movements from Vivaldi's the four seasons, as well as
a Bach fugue and some others, is all conducted visually, with a nod of
the head before the band is supposed to play. Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I can come in on time with the rest of the band
and somehow get the same information from the conductor as everyone
else?
Thanks,
Aleeha