[musictlk] home studios: Mac vs. PC and control surfaces?

Sheri Beth Wells-Jensen swellsj at bgsu.edu
Wed May 15 13:42:11 UTC 2013

Thanks, Guys!  I am  sort of  at  a  crisis point with this stuff, but   I'm  interested in setting  something up  that will work  well  and be more   or  less a   steady   solution for  a   while.

So, perhaps  a  MacBook, Reaper and some control surface?  Does anyone use Reaper with   a braille display?  JAWS and  I are ready   to  end  our  relationship forever I  think so maybe this is just the push I need to make it happen.

And yes, Tim, thanks, we have a  terrific  mic (a Yeti)  and I've got no  complaints with   it except how well it picks up the sounds  of the cats playing and  any  bad words anyone might utter  on an out-take.

Sheri