[musictlk] turning my music into a career

Timothy Clark Music timothyclarkmusic at me.com
Sat May 18 18:15:31 UTC 2013

hello there
 all wanderful questions.
 first let's get 1 thing strait.
 there isn't 1 way to get a deal in the industry. there isn't just 1 way to make a career out of music.
 but, let's start with a few things.
 it's a great place to start out with a reverbnation page.
 it's well worth your time and will save you money down the rode.
 trust me, i use it and have over 1thousand fans there.
 it's amazing what 1 site can do for you.
 you'll of corse want to set up a youtube page and it might even be a good thing to set up a myspace. you might sa oh well it's not being used anymore but the record labels still use it hence why you might want to look into that as well.
 now, let's talk about social interaction with your fans.
 it's a vary good thing to interact with them as it shows them that you care.
 it's best to have a twitter, facebook, and whatever you can think of.
 again, there's not 1 way of making it. what works for someone might not work for you.
 take me for example.
 i run a marketing service and i also produce music and write and record my own. again though, what works for me might not work for you.
 these are just some basic ideas to get you started.
 you might also want to look into what's known as crowd funding.
 basically, if you're fans want you to go to their town they fund it. whatever your fans want they fund it and makes it happen.
 if you want really good tips you can talk to my friends ian and amanda over at make it in music.
 sign up for their news letter and interact with them all at
 http://www.makeitinmusic.com
 here's another thing to think about in this crazy industry we have all come to know as the music industry.
 NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK. i can't stress that enough.
 if's highly important to network with people in the industry.
 remember, networking is often key. you always need to build relationships in order to make it in whatever bizness you are working in remember that you're always going to want to build relationships to make it up the latter of succsess.
 anyway, i hope this helps. i could go into it more but that would make for 1 long email and i'm not really into doing that.
 what i might do is just talk about this on the music nation podcast.
 if you wander about this i'm sure others are as well. this is a good topic for the show so thanks for bringing it to my attention.
 hope all of this helps none the less.
god bless
 Timothy
 Your friend in the music industry