[musictlk] BMC: Braille Music Compiler

Mario Lang mlang at tugraz.at
Fri Nov 22 08:14:38 UTC 2013

Humberto <humbertoa5369 at netzero.net> writes:

> I am interested in your web Braille music project but I am having
> difficult time entering music into the edit box. How do I type / enter
> the music?

You can either paste Unicode braille, or enter music directly with your
keyboard, and specifying the braille table in use on your side.

> What keystrokes (or combinations of keystrokes) do I use to enter
> UniCode Braille music?

That depends.  Most platforms have no native support for entering
unicode braille yet.  Some screen readers might have.

I typically just set the braille table to "de" (german), and enter
braille music directly on my computer keyboard, since I know which key
will produce which dot pattern...  You know that too, I guess?

--
Regards,
      Mario Lang

Graz University of Technology        mailto:mlang at TUGraz.at
Department Computing               http://www.ZID.TUGraz.at/lang/
Phone: +43 (0) 316 / 873 - 6897
  /_Apparently a teacher has been arrested in the UK in possession_/
 /of a compass, protractor, and straight edge. It is claimed he is a/
/member of the Al Gebra movement, bearing weapons of math instruction/