[musictlk] My Introduction

Timothy Clark Music timothyclarkmusic at me.com
Mon Oct 28 19:59:31 UTC 2013

hello there
 in my home studio i have garageband, that’s my recorder my DAW or digital audio work station. my mic is a Heil PR31BW from my friend Bob Heil. he’s the guy who runs Heilsound. anyway, the mic is running into an M-audio Fast Track made by M-audio and avid. the makers of protools.
 that’s being ran into my iMac via USB.
 just as a side note, go XLR. always go XLR. don’t use USB mic’s. it’s ok to run a mic into a computer via an interface that’s USB but never just go strait USB.
 that’s a bad thing to get into and most USB mic’s wait, scratch that, all USB mic’s are unbalanced. i know there’s some people here who use USB and that’s fine but, if you want a realy good, professional sound, you want to go with XLR. just listen to my recordings and pair them up with a recording made on a USB mic and you’ll be shocked.
 remember, always go XLR.
 you know there’s a vary interesting history about XLR and if i have to explain it i will but basically XLR was made for better capturing.
 back when XLR came on the scene computers weren’t even around.
 but that’s another story for another time.
 i could go on and on about XLR.
 but, i won’t.
 you are always going to need a ballanced pare of monitors such as the personas audio headphones or the shure studio headphones.
 what i’m going to say is vary much debated in the world of production but in my mind it’s a fact. why? because i’ve seen it and i’ve been there.
 mac’s are better at heavy music and audio production then windows hence why i recommend getting a mac.
 hope this helps.
 feel free to write me off list.
 peace.
Timothy
 Your friend in the music industry
 follow me on twitter @timothyclark13
 to check out music, photos, videos, press, show dates, and more go to http://www.reverbnation.com/timothyclark13
 feel free to give me a call at
 7244011224
 note, if i don't answer your call just leave me a voicemail and i'll get back in contact with you as soon as possible
 thanks and god bless