[musictlk] new member

info info at innervisionfilm.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 11:09:35 UTC 2014

Hi Josh, Deborah and all other Musictalk members,

We are quite new to this forum too!
We have joined to share a very exciting film project with you. For the last year myself and a small team have been researching and filming for a documentary film about an orchestra of 10 blind and partially sighted musicians. Here is a little blurb about the film and a link to the trailer of the film with audio description so you can be introduced to the group:
  With members from seven countries, the Inner Vision orchestra celebrates difference and the power of music to transcend barriers. Boasting a repertoire ranging from classical and gospel to soul and traditional Indian ragas the orchestra go on the road for their first UK tour. 'Blindness is a diffability' - says their director Baluji Shrivastav, a renowned sitar player whose musical career has led to gigs with the likes of Boy George, Coldplay, Oasis, Ravi Shankar, Stevie Wonder, Massive Attack and Shakira. It is Baluji's inspired leadership and campaigning resolve as a blind musician that drives this group that is determined to be heard. Building confidence in musicians and bridging the gap between players and audiences, the Inner Vision orchestra is standing up to say 'why don't we create more platforms for blind and partially sighted musicians?'.
https://vimeo.com/102322809
password: linda_balu_ad
  We are very excited to be producing this film and we would love for you to join us in the process as the orchestra go on tour and we film them! Please join our facebook page and follow us on twitter for updates on the film and the orchestra's progress, and share with friends, family and other musicians. Here are our links:
 https://www.facebook.com/innervisionfilm
 https://twitter.com/filminnervision
For anyone that has a blog or a website of their own and would like to include us on it, I will soon put together some information that you could post up -we would love for any of you to do this!
 We hope that you will join us on our journey!
  With best wishes,
  Marie-Cécile Embleton, the film team and the Inner Vision Orchestra

Marie - Cécile Embleton
Director
Inner Vision Film
07807173646

https://www.facebook.com/innervisionfilm
https://twitter.com/filminnervision

---- On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 11:56:19 +0100 josh lester via musictlk<musictlk at nfbnet.org> wrote ----

Hi Deborah!
I used to read it but I'm a bit rusty since I haven't read it since fifth grade.
I'm a pianist, singer and songwriter.
 I play by ear though.

--
Joshua Lester
Blessings to you in the name of Jesus Christ

If you wish to reach me by phone, 870-509-2631, and by E-Mail,
jlestermusic at gmail.com