[musictlk] campfire songs

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 20:28:26 UTC 2014

Hello,
This is a little off topic, but someone may be able to make
suggestions.  Next week I will be attending a camp for blind and
visually impaired adults.  Along with the traditional campfire
songs that are repeat after me, at the last adult session that I
only stayed two days for because I became ill at camp, we also
incorporated some pop and old country songs into the mix such as
Let It Be by the Beatles, Take Me Home, Country Road by John
Denver, the Unicorn Song, etc.  What I would like from you all is
a bunch of songs to continue that tradition.  They must not be
religious as this is a nonreligious camp and cannot be about
getting drunk or cheating as these are not the camp's values.
Examples of songs I am looking for include The River by Garth
Brooks, Have You Every Seen the Rain by Credence Clearwater
Revival, etc.  Stuff like that.  Songs that all the adults would
know and be able to easily sing along with.  Some of our themes
days we have include tropical day, sports, movin and groovin
which is 1960's themed, and farewell day, but I don't think there
will be a campfire on farewell day since we go home at 4:00 that
afternoon.  Therefore, if anyone has any suggestions of songs I
could sing or suggest to the counselors to sing at one of the
campfires, please share them.  And if you know the lyrics, if you
could write them out to me in an offlist email, that would be
helpful, but otherwise I'll look them up online before I go.
Thanks,
Kelsey Nicolay