[musictlk] Audio Interfaces

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 6 15:03:11 UTC 2014

Dear All,

                I have asked Santa for an audio interface for Christmas.
Now, Santa is not a very tech-type person, especially when it comes to such
things as recording gear, so I thought I would ask you for some
recommendations. I am currently running Windows 7 and Audacity. My style is
very simple: acoustic guitar and vocals. Though I might record with someone
else from time-to-time, most of my recordings will be done one at a time. In
other words, I will record only one - maybe two - tracks at a time. I am
considering a four channel interface, but a two channel would suffice. I am
currently using an analog mixer into my line-in jack.

The issues I wish to resolve with this gear is the latency I am experiencing
when I overdub and the analog hiss. To avoid the need to get a new sound
card, I would prefer a USB input rather than fire wire. Santa's budget for
this gear is between $200 - 300. Sam Ash has a two-channel interface for
$100, but I'm not sure of the brand at the time of this writing. Any input
and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Fraternally your,

Marion Gwizdala