[musictlk] An Introduction and a Question

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 19:33:47 UTC 2014

Hello All,

My name is Chris Nusbaum and I have just joined this list. Although I am not
in the music profession full-time, I am actively engaged in many
music-related volunteer activities, including singing in my church's choir
and performing as a soloist and/or pianist for community events. As a high
school student, I am also active in our school's choral and theatre
programs. I look forward to networking with my fellow blind musicians, both
amateur and professional, on this list.

I would like to begin my contributions here with a question. Do any of you
know of an accessible iOS app which would work like a pitch pipe? As I
continue to sing a capella solos, I'm finding that I miss the ability to
play my starting pitch on a piano or ask an accompanist to do so. A friend
in the school choir told me about a pitch pipe app he has on his iPhone, but
upon downloading it on mine it appears to be inaccessible. Does anyone have
any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris