[musictlk] can a blind person play guitar

Ken Downey kenwdowney at me.com
Sun Dec 21 06:12:23 UTC 2014

One technique that you'll find amazing is, get some lock dots. Put them on
the bottom of the neck, lined up with the third, sixth, ninth and twelfth
frets. That way, you can locate any fret so fast it'll amaze you. Need the
ninth fret? Just count to the third dot. Need the fourth? Go to the first
dot, then up one. I learned this recently while visiting the academy for the
blind in L.A. I don't currently have a guitar, but as soon as I get my old
electric from out of storage, you can bet that the first thing I do after
restringing it is to put on those dots!