[musictlk] can a blind person play guitar

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 14:01:47 UTC 2014

Hi Helga,
Here are my thoughts.  As for learning how to play Greensleeves,
try doing a google search to see if there is a tutorial on
youtube.  Sometimes for popular songs, they will post a youtube
video where they actually explain the chord progression and will
sometimes sing it for you while playing so you can hear where the
chords change.  I'll look around for you and see if I can find
it.  If I find one, I'll email it to you offlist.  The only thing
with the youtube videos is the person often points out how their
fingers are positioned which is often visual, so you might need
someone sighted to help you with this part unless you already
know the finger positions.  As for learning to tune the guitar,
there is a website that has a guitar tuner on it.  I'll send that
to you offlist as well.  It is accessible with JAWS.  I had to
research that heavily for when I took my college guitar class.
Hope this helps.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay