[musictlk] can a blind person play guitar

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 06:56:41 UTC 2014

I would also recommend learning the spacing without the use of tactile
markers.  I know this technique works for some, but in this case I
think learning through trial and error helps to establish your ear
strength and your muscle memory.  And, as someone who is working on
this muscle memory in shifting myself, it can sometimes have cool
consequences.  E.G, you go a fret too high only to discover that the C
minor chord you hit when you were shooting for B minor actually sounds
really cool, then you can come down to B and make an ornament out of
it.  A little anecdote there from a music therapy class I took and a
song the class wrote recently, but now I know where C minor is for
sure.

--
Kaiti