[musictlk] Chord chart

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 03:20:07 UTC 2014

Hello,
where are you getting d f# b from?
is f# to b a major third?
f#, g#, a#, b
f#, g, g#, a, a#, b
That's a 4th...

You need to know the chromatic scale
You can start on any note and it just circles.
a, a#, b, c, c#, d, d#, e, f, f#, g, g#, a, a#...
That is going up. going down you have:
a, ab, g, gb, f, e, eb, d, db, c, b, bb, a...
Because b and c are next to one another, and e and f are next to one
another, sometimes you hear e# or fb or cb and b#. People don't like
those because they are other names for notes that are natural normally.
You are completely right about the e major chord being e g# b!
Are you not able to read the number sign next to the notes? because I
erm gave you the d major and minor chord and I have no idea what you are
doing with d f-sharp b. That is a b first inversion minor chord. Can you
make it a b root position minor chord?
for now nothing is e f-sharp b.
This is when you really need a computer with lime and or a piano. A
piano has all the chromatic scale layed out so you can deal the sharps
and flats and naturals.
Lime turns your keyboard into a piano.
thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs