[musictlk] Drop-C Tuning?

Timothy Clark Music theblindguitarist1992 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 20:21:41 UTC 2014

my friend Eric Mongrain tunes all the way down to an open F.
 so there’s many variations you can try. just note that with guitar, i firmly believe there is no such thing as a wrong tuning.
 i mean if your strings are in tune and don’t sound flat, it’s a tuning. it might be a weird tuning but a tuning none the less. like i had started out by stating, my friend Eric Mongrain tunes to open F.
 i don’t tune that way because he and i don’t play the same styles but yet, we both tune and no one is going to say that one tuning is better then another. find the tuning you like the best and stick with it.
 i like drop c because i write gospel music with some of that country twang in it. i didn’t want my music to sound like all the rest so i use an alternative tuning to make it stand out. my style is also an alternative style as well. i do hybrid picking a lot along with bends, hammer ons and pole offs.
 peace.