[musictlk] transposition of a song

marissa pianogirlforlife7 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 00:25:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

So if you have heard of the song, River Flows in You, you would
know how the left hand goes.  It starts out like this:

f-sharp c-sharp f-sharp
d a e
f-sharp c-sharp f-sharp
d a e

f-sharp c-sharp f-sharp
d a d
a e c-sharp
e b e

then it repeats throughout the song, well how I play it.  The
original is adding additional fifths: d a e d, a e c-sharp e, etc
So, the right hand is:

a e d
a c-sharp
a g-sharp a g-sharp a e a  d

etc etc etc

Well, I play it on clarinet, starting on a g
g f-sharp g f-sharp d g c

I attached the notes for it, I want to play it on  the clarinet
with someone playing piano accompaniment to it, but I need the
correct notes.  Please please help.  I am horrible at
transposing.