[musictlk] Off Topic Messages

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 17:58:12 UTC 2014

Overall, regardless of the specific lists we are subscribed to, I
think it is important to be made aware of such things concerning
blindness in general.  I think it would be a shame if we  boxed
ourselves so far into our groups and divisions that we neglected to
keep current on what is going on in the legislation and advocacy work
being done in our much larger and much more diverse organization.

As per individuals (aside from David Andrews) posting forwarded things
to lists from other divisions or groups, I think there just needs to
be discression.  As a college music major I see how the teach act
could apply to this group, but in some ways accessibility in a college
music program can be it's own beast with unique issues, most of which
do not even have to do with technology and accessibility as there are
easy fixes for those things, but more with the stereotypes and
misinformation professors have, and their willingness to accomodate
and be open-minded.  On the other hand, I do not know if this list
would be a totally appropriate thing for that, because I do not think
the majority of people on here are music students so much as
performers or those with a general interest in music.  I could be
wrong, but that is what I've observed.  State student division lists
would be a great place to forward such information though, of course
assuming they did not receive the information already and would not be
spammed by a duplicate message.

--
Kaiti