[musictlk] Inner Vision Film

info info at innervisionfilm.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 09:46:57 UTC 2014

 Dear Musictalk members,
 Hello! We are new to this list and have joined to share a very exciting film project with you. For the last year myself and a small team have been researching and filming for a documentary film about an orchestra of 10 blind and partially sighted musicians.
 With members from seven countries, the Inner Vision orchestra celebrates difference and the power of music to transcend barriers. Boasting a repertoire ranging from classical and gospel to soul and traditional Indian ragas the orchestra go on the road for their first UK tour.
  'Blindness is a diffability' - the words of their director Baluji Shrivastav, a renowned sitar player whose musical career has led to gigs with the likes of Boy George, Coldplay, Oasis, Ravi Shankar, Stevie Wonder, Massive Attack and Shakira. It is Baluji's inspired leadership and campaigning resolve as a blind musician that drives this group that is determined to be heard. Building confidence in musicians and bridging the gap between players and audiences, the Inner Vision orchestra is standing up to say 'why don't we create more platforms for blind and partially sighted musicians?'.
  We are very excited to be producing this film and we would love for you to join us in the process as the orchestra go on tour and we film them! Please join our facebook page and follow us on twitter for updates on the film and the orchestra's progress, and share with friends, family and other musicians. Here are our links:
  https://www.facebook.com/innervisionfilm
 https://twitter.com/filminnervision
  We hope that you will join us on our journey!
  With best wishes,
  Marie-Cécile Embleton, the film team and the Inner Vision Orchestra