[musictlk] choir question

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Tue May 6 17:27:05 UTC 2014

Hi Kelsey,

Welcome.

I have had a lot of choir experience.

First, I would not leave it up to your choir director to pair you up
with someone. Most of the time, the choir members are arranged by
height and part. You should ask the persons on either side of you if
one would be willing to assist you when needed. Do your own
advocating whenever possible. You will know exactly what you need.

I wouldn't cha nge parts just because the one helping you now is
going to do so. You need to sing the part you know, and are comfortable with.

Please contact me off list at mentink at frontiernet.net if I may be of
further assistance to you. I'm willing to talk to you on the phone if
that would work better. I have unlimited long distance, and would be
pleased to give you any help and encouragement I can.

Blessings,

Linda