[musictlk] voice teacher search

Amy Billman amy0223 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:45:17 UTC 2014

SMH...

The word you're struggling with is Presbyterian.

Also, and send whatever email you feel is appropriate, but this smacks very
much of not quite friendly enough...
How do you know this person? Was she suggested to you as someone who teaches
lessons that perhaps would be a good fit for you?
It's wrong for me or anyone else here to rewrite this for you, but just my
opinion, I would inject a little less... This is my lists of needs and
demands, and a little more friendliness in here somehow.
Granted, perhaps this is in part because eloquence read this, but...
If I got a letter like this as a voice teacher I would be a bit taken aback.
Sometimes, communications like this are better not done in writing. Really.
In fact, as much as I'd want the student, I might run away; and I say this
honestly as someone who is blind who has taught voice to students both blind
and sighted.
I honestly wish that I could tell you why my immediate instinct upon reading
this would be to not want to go there...
But, I would say try to shoot for something a bit less corporate and formal
and a bit more friendly. It sorta feels like you're pummeling her with your
list of 7 things that you gotta have and expect.
Remember, you are not her boss. You are wanting to study voice lessons from
this person, so you have to cultivate a relationship. No good relationship
has a chance if you come at it like that... Just my opinion...
If you can talk to her, you may get a ton more accomplished.

Good luck!
Amy Billman