[musictlk] possible singing competition

Kelsey Nicolay via musictlk musictlk at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 14:27:46 UTC 2014

Hello,
I am looking into possibly auditioning for an Ohio Idol
competition next year.  The prize for the winner is a cash prime
and a chance for a recording contract.  I really don't want to
record an album since I have no desire to sing professionally nor
do I want all the fame that comes with it.  Therefore, do you
think that if I happened to be the winner, could I decline the
recording contract and just take the cash prize? If so, how do I
do it politely? I just want to do the competition to gain
experience and confidence.
Thanks,
Kelsey Nicolay