[musictlk] update on high notes

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 20:44:00 UTC 2014

Hello,
I started a thread a while ago about singing high notes.  I
wanted to update you all.  It has not gotten any easier.  I try
to focus on my breathing during rehearsal as best I can, but it
still seems very difficult.  It turns out that I am not the only
person struggling.  The person next to me told me that she too
thinks the one piece is high for her.  I think a couple other
altos have the same issue too.  Several of you posted that
bending your knees helps, but we are already sitting, so this
really does not apply here.  He occasionally has us stand to
rehearse a single piece all the way through, but other than the
rehearsal before the concert, we sit 90 percent of the time.  I
am not able to get a voice teacher at this point since I'm
already have commitments that would prevent me from studying
voice right now.  Does anyone have any other ideas that might
work?
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay