[musictlk] piano question

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 15:56:42 UTC 2014

Hello,
I used to take piano lessons, but I've taken a break while job
searching.  I'm looking to get back into playing for fun, not
taking lessons or anything.  However, I have a question for you.
I was told by my former piano teacher that you should avoid
playing black keys with your thumb or pinky whenever possible.
However, sometimes you cannot avoid using your thumb or pinky
since you wouldn't have enough fingers to play the chord.
Therefore, how do you accomplish playing a black key with your
thumb or pinky without having to twist your arm in weird ways to
make it comfortable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay