[musictlk] jaws and itunes

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 01:50:43 UTC 2014

Hello,
For those of you who use JAWS, what has been your experience
using jaws with itunes 11? For me it's ok, but I have found that
sometimes jaws will not read all the prompts.  It will read the
dialog when you insert a CD and the buttons are clearly read.
However, what about when you connect your ipod to the computer?
Will jaws read all the prompts that guide you through syncing or
is that a visual thing JAWS won't read? Usually I've just had
someone else do that part for me, but I should be able to do it
since I am good on the computer and my sister does her own.
Also, jaws does not behave correctly when in the itunes store in
the section to rdeem a code.  With jaws en, I can't type the code
in.  I know there is a script for this program, but I am not
paying $10 for it.  Any thoughts on this topic?
How can I make itunes more accessible or learn how to manage my
own ipod without needing constant sighted assistance? Right now I
have my sister or my dad who can help, but they're busy too, so I
would like to learn the basic stuff for how to manage it
independently.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay