[musictlk] Sibelius?

Bill billlist1 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 15 10:43:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

We at Dancing Dots are happy to supply anyone with a free, 15-day trial
version of Lime with the Lime Aloud scripts.  Please contact me off-list
using my info at DancingDots.com address for access to a private link.  Learn
more at www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/limealoud.htm

One of the most significant differences between access to Lime and access to
mainstream programs like Sibelius is that Dancing Dots owns Lime.  We
acquired the rights to it earlier this year.  Therefore, we can make
accessibility a priority and we control the entire application.  We do not
need to seek cooperation from the developer of the music notation editor
software to improve accessibility because we are the owner.  We need not
worry that the improvements to accessibility in the current version will be
broken in the next release because the development team failed to keep
accessibility in mind when redesigning certain program features.

The forthcoming version of Lime has a vastly improved import feature for
MusicXML scores.  Programs like Sibelius and Finale can export scores in
that format.  Lime can also import MIDI files but that feature is not nearly
so simple as importing MusicXML.

Bill McCann
President
Dancing Dots