[musictlk] struggling with high notes

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:24:54 UTC 2014

It is important to note that singing down the octave for altos is not
good.  If you're in the mindset that you just can't hit high notes, so
you don't work on it and push lower, you could do serious damage to
your voice.  Most women aren't meant to do that, plus it really
doesn't fix the issue at hand.

Another helpful trick my high school choir director gave me was to
tell me to "breathe from the butt."  It sounds weird, but I swear it
works.  When you go higher, bend your knees and tighten your glute
muscles.  It sounds really weird, but it does help.

--
Kaiti