[musictlk] question about recording

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 21:21:29 UTC 2015

Hello,
This is not exactly music related, but I am hoping someone can
offer some advice.  I need to record an oral portion of the
assignment for one of my Hadley courses.  The two options I have
to record would be either sound recorder on a pc or the record a
memo function on the Braillenote apex.  For anyone who has an
apex, what should my recording levels be set to to get the best
recording? The file needs to be a wav or mp3 only.  No other file
types are supported.  This information was listed on the
instructions on how to record an audio file.  I think emailing an
electronic file is much easier than locating a cassette recorder
and mailing it in.  Which option (braille note apex or sound
recorder) would be the best way to record? It is two questions,
one is a minute and a half and the other has to be 3-5 minutes in
length.  Everything needs to be on one recording.  I thought
about doing it as two separate recordings, but after reading the
instructions, I have to do it in one file.  Would a memo on the
apex be a good idea in this case since I do not want to crash the
unit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay