[musictlk] converting wma to mp3

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 02:27:53 UTC 2015

Hello,
I might have the responsibility of recording rehearsals for my
community choir next season since the person who used to do it is
no longer in the group.  I did a test run tonight using sound
recorder.  I thought it recorded as an mp3 file, but when I
looked at the extension, my file recorded in wma instead.
Therefore, does anyone know of a way to convert a wma file to an
mp3 file with software that is accessible with JAWS? I know there
are websites that will do it for you, but I found that I am
unable to save the file.  The only thing I can do is click the
link and play it.  I think the officers want an actual file they
can put on their website, so this approach may not work.
Therefore, if anyone who uses a screen reader knows how to
perform this conversion, please let me know.
Also, some people have macs, would mp3 be the best format for
everyone in this case?
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay