[musictlk] Sight Rhythms with Conducting Question

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 2 10:31:11 UTC 2015

I have never presented sight rythems, but I did take a choral conducting
class with the Famous William Farris in Chicago @ the American Conservatory
of Music. There were 5 or 6 of us in the class. It was an interesting
experience, but I was able to get a lot out of the class & yess, I did do
some conducting as did everyone in the class. It sounds like this teacher
has never come across this situation before. Your teacher probabgly has
heard of William Farris. You might want him to contact him. As far as I
know, he still has the FARIS CHORALLE in Chicago. If your teacher does
decide to contact Mr. Farris, please have him use my name as a reference.
I'm sure Mr. Farris will still remember me from back in 1981.

Good luck to you.

This is something you should be able to do.