[musictlk] Reaper or Audacity latency Fix

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 25 01:33:57 UTC 2015

Dear All,

                Last Christmas I bought myself a digital audio interface.
The challenge I am facing is that it utilizes an ASIO driver that is not
compatible with Audacity and creates significant latency in the playback. I
was going to purchase CakeTalk and Sonar; however, when I spoke to Bill at
Dancing dots, I learned that the only version of Sonar compatible with the
current version of CakeTalk would set me back about $850. I have heard that
Reaper was accessible out of the box and wanted to find out if anyone else
is using it? I have also heard that there is a Audacity script available
that would resolve the latency issue. Does anyone know about this? Any help
would be greatly appreciated as I have a really great interface and mic I am
unable to fully utilize.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala