[musictlk] choir

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:15:04 UTC 2015

I’m always one for auditioning if it’s been a while. Voices, as you know, can change over time due to a variety of factors. Plus, a good artistic director will not only be able to assess for voice part; auditioning also enables that person to assess your ability to blend with other singers, tonal memory (your ability to musically regurgitate a series of tones you’ve heard), and much more I’m sure I’ve neglected. You could certainly mention your past experiences for choral placement, but don’t refuse an audition if it’s offered to you—it’s highly valuable. Best to you, and let us know how you fare!

Sandra
“To love another person is to see the face of God.”
(Les Miserables--the musical)