[musictlk] Audacity question

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 02:45:19 UTC 2016

Hello, everyone:

By way of update, someone snagged the section leader position I was considering taking, in my community chorus—a little disappointed, but generally okay, since the one thing I was unable to do, given the need to access particular minute sections in the notation and not choosing to learn Braille music, was asking notation-oriented questions about trouble spots in whatever we’re learning. However, the prospect did give me a chance to seriously think through other challenges I’d have faced and prioritize methods by which I could meet them, so thanks for everyone’s input.

Second: We are working on the lovely Dvorak “Requiem,” and have the Berkshire “virtual choir” CD, but there are several spots I’d like to get rid of—not looking to totally shelve the existing CD because, once I’m more comfortable with the material, having the original extra stuff will give me more of a sense of how our sections fit into the work as a whole. However, I’d love to have a second CD, a sort of “learning CD” that omits whatever doesn’t concern my voice part, and that leads to a question. I know someone who uses Audacity and is sighted. Does anyone know whether it is Jaws-compatible? If so, what could I expect to have to pay for it? It may not be an expense I can immediately afford, but for situations like this, worth an investment later. Thanks!

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)