[musictlk] Tips on playing lap steel

Robert Moore robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 2 18:30:24 UTC 2017

 Mike.
I have never felt a slide steel so I am going out on a limb here so  excuse
me if this turns out to make no sence.
One  idea I might have is that if your left thumbe is free, you could  mark
the threads tacktily  and ride your thumb along the neck to   gage where the
frets are until you get a feel for it and  develop the muscle memory to not
need that. Let me know if that is  workable.