[musictlk] fingering charts for French Horn

Richard Holloway rholloway1966 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 8 17:22:27 UTC 2017

My daughter (no light perception, 9th grade) is interested in learning to play the French Horn. Most likely she’ll start with a double horn (F / B-flat). We’re working getting a horn for her presently. I’d love to find her a braille fingering chart, and also any descriptive info we can find on how to play. The info could be in braille or just text that she can read on an Apex, etc., but I’m not sure how to best present the fingering chart. Diagrams and videos are only useful to the point where we’re able to describe them accurately. Surely we din’t need to recreate the chart at least— someone must offer this in Braille somewhere.

Suggestions?

Thanks!