[musictlk] Random question regarding instruments

Tara Briggs thflute at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 18:20:05 UTC 2017

Hi! I think that you pose a very interesting question. How do you get your child into playing a musical instrument and how do you decide what instrument your child would like to play. My story is that I got to listen to a bunch of different instruments. One day, my dad sat me down and we just listen to a ton of classical music. Although I like the sound of all the instruments in the orchestra and the piano and organ in the harp, my true love is the flute One day I was going through my mom's collection of CDs and found a flute and piano CD. I thought that flute was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. And since that day, I've developed a lifelong obsession with the flute. I am an adult amateur, I take weekly Lessons and do my best, I was a stay at home mom of a one-year-old and a three-year-old, to get in as close to an hour a day of practice time as I can. I'm never going to go professional but the flute has given me some of the greatest joy of my life. In the end, I think that's what music really does for us. It brings beauty into our lives and the lives of others.
Tara

Sent from my iPhone

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/musictlk_nfbnet.org/mentink%40f