[musictlk] Is smart music accessible

Chase Crispin chase.crispin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:16:23 UTC 2017

Hi Tara,
Unfortunately I have found SmartMusic to be completely inaccessible at least
on Windows. Even the login screen which first appears when you launch the
software is not accessible. There is an iPad app and a Mac version that I
haven't tried, but if using a PC you will need cited assistance to access
SmartMusic. This is unfortunate because, as you mention, there are many
great recordings and accompaniments in SmartMusic. Additionally, many K-12
schools and universities use SmartMusic as part of the music curriculum. In
high school, my band program used SmartMusic for playing tests that
determined chair placement. It is also integrated into all of our aural
skills here that music majors must pass, so I had to find another approach
to complete that portion of the coursework. I hope someday we may have
access to SmartMusic but for now, it is not accessible. I would be
interested to know if others have been able to successfully use either the
iPad or Mac versions.

Chase Crispin