[musictlk] guitar and JAWS question

It's Theatre Time! itstheatretime at gmail.com
Fri May 19 16:50:38 UTC 2017

Hi friends,

I'm Judy, and new to the list. Could you folks help me figure out how to do
this:

You knowhow playing a guitar song, we hear the line of chords, then we arrow
down to the next line and hearthe  the line of lyric. So I guess I just
figure out where the chords go, in that line, and that's how I learn a song,
but here's the problem:

I have 8 sighted musician friends who come over each week for a jam, and we
share songs. They want to receive from me a word document with thie little
chord letters perched directly above the correct word in the line where the
chord changes. The only thing I can figure so far, and it seems so time
consuming , and not even sure , at that , if itscoming out right,  is for
example:

For the song, "Mary Had a Little Lamb, would I start on my first line, type
a "C" for Mary, then count how many letters and spaces to get to "little",
which would be 10 spaces after the "C", type my A minor,then enter to the
next line and type, "Mary had a little lamb", and would the C and A minor
appear over the correct word as they're supposed to?

My solution so far involves my sighted husband, who's not thrilled with
having to help, and neither am I! Here's what we do:

I find the lyrics on line, copy and paste them in a word doc, then I double
space each line, and print it out. My husband then manually with a pencil,
writes in the chords above each word that I dictate to him. Then he
scansthis, and it goes into his computer in something called a Jpeg, that
all I know of that is that JAWS can't seem to read it to me. So my husband
looks at it on line, tells me it looks right, and emails it to me. I then
forward it to my members, and they don't like this Jpeg thing, and they
somehow convert it to a word document.

How do I do this whole procedure by myself, and know that I've placed each
chord over each proper little word correctly?

I'd also welcome any calls, too, if emailing seems to long and complicated!

Very appreciatively,

Judy in CT