[MusicTlk] I am a musician going to NFB Orlando convention. Isanyone in collaborating?

It's Theatre Time! itstheatretime at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:48:48 UTC 2018

Hi Michael, Lisa, Linda, and all!
I'm Judy from CT, a music lover and guitar player. Wish I could join all of
you folks, but I won't be able to. Wondered if you folks could help guide me
with  this question:

I have a jam at my home every week, where about 11 or 12 music lovers (all
sighted)come. We have a piano player, violinist, mandolin, a couple of
banjo's, and several guitars,    and we all have a blast each week. I record
the 3 hour ssession each week on my first generation Stream, and then for my
own practice, I go back and insert highlight bookmarks on each song that I'd
like to practice. But some of our songs, as I relisten, are so wonderful and
special, and I want to learn how to edit my 3 hour stream recording, so, for
example I could email an awesome song when I come across one in the
recording, to everyone in the group. I have no idea how to do this. Maybe I
shouldn't be recording from the Stream. Should I be using my SE iPhone? But
then what? How do I get just one song out of a 3 hour recording? I tried the
recorder ap that comes with the phone, but it wasn't possible by hearing to
just ccapture exactly, the exact beginning and exact end of a particular
song. I was reading something about a Reaper program, but know nothing about
it. I have no usable sight, and use JAWS. I am so willing to study and
learn, but where do I start?I also put Garage Band on my phone several years
ago, and there it sits. Haven't a clue what it does, and until now, had
little hope of finding blind music lovers, who could guide me in accessible
editing.
If you folks could just guide me in the direction of what I need to be
studying  to make these single songs extracted ,or copied, ffrom my 3 hour
recording, I would be so grateful! I'm a very late bloomer in the technology
world.
Smile!
Judy