[MusicTlk] Symphony Pro: A Mobile Phone Notation App

Rachel Grider rachel.grider at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:09:57 UTC 2018

Hi, All:

I wanted to follow up on my last question about notation apps.  I
bought and installed Symphony Pro for my iPhone.  It was $20, so
I was a little worried about doing this, but since it had been
recommended by another blind person, I figured I would take the
chance.  So far, I have used it to arrange one piece, and it has
proven to be fairly accessible with VoiceOver; at this point, the
only thing which has proven difficult is selecting a bar to edit
a measure.  The accessibility features are still under
construction, and the app is supposed to work best with a QT
keyboard-but it got the job done, and I have happy with it
overall.

I just thought I would share this information for anyone else who
may be looking for a notation app.

Thank you, and all best!

Rachel