[MusicTlk] learning to play harp

Eden eden420 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 18 02:57:28 UTC 2018

Any blind people on here play harp? I'm looking to learn lever harp mostly because I hear the pedal harp strings are high tension, and I have some arthritis. I play a keyboard but have found  I love the harp sound, and I can find great harp samples, but it's still not the real thing. I am having trouble finding a local teacher whose not full or who will teach a blind person I could be taught on Skype but I wonder how I'd finagle so the teacher could see myself and the harp. I've thought of a 26-string or 34-string harp preferably the 34. Will I get calluses that will make braille hard to read? I primarily use braille not speech out of preference. Any harpists, please get in touch even off of here because I will pick your brain if you'll let me. Thanks.
Eden