[MusicTlk] Wish to avoid calluses on braille reading finger

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 16 01:05:41 UTC 2018

Diane,

	I have been playing guitar for 48 years, so I obviously have pretty tough callouses on my fingertips. Since I also play what is generally referred to as "Finger style" - I rarely use a pick - I also have callouses on my right hand fingertips. Since the callouses are on the tips of my fingers and we read Braille with the pad, the callouses do not interfere with reading Braille. HTH!

Fraternally yours,
Marion

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds you back.