[MusicTlk] Wish to avoid calluses on braille reading finger

Ella Yu ellaxyu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 02:01:39 UTC 2018

I agree, but it depends on what part of the finger you use to
press the strings.  On orchestral string instruments, you can use
the pads, which is the part you use for braille reading.  On
guitar, you basically have to use the tips because if you use the
pads, your fingers might hit the fingerboard, which vibrates.
I'm not 100% sure about ukulele, though.