[MusicTlk] Question to low-vision piano players

Ned O'Brien ned968 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:01:43 UTC 2018

Mike, here's some advice from experience....I have taken lessons and played
the organ for 15 yrs, with slowly failing vision, always had a tough time
seeing the music to play but did it...I have lost enough vision that I am
unable to read music at all.That's when I realized that I really couldn't
play the organ, none of my teachers had ever taught me to memorize music. I
have started over learning to play, I am using an nlsbard available audio
book series..modern keybd harmony by bill irwin, it is a course done
exclusively for the blind.  so before you lose all vision, start learning
to memorize....I am currently learning braille which is quite difficult for
an old guy.
best of luck to you
ned