[MusicTlk] This Year's Blind Musicians Group Meeting is a BYOI Event!

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 17:36:20 UTC 2018

Hi Musical Friends:

I know what you're thinking: "I've heard of BYOB (bring your own bottle), and maybe even BYOD (bring your own device), but what is a BYOI event?" Bring your own instrument, of course!

The leaders of the Blind Musicians Group are excited to announce that a portion of our meeting at this year's convention will be dedicated to a freewheeling "jam session" in which we will be able to make music together, learning from each other and having fun along the way. We have observed the many posts on this list asking for tips on learning and playing certain instruments, and we have responded by organizing what we hope will be a good opportunity for all who are interested to bounce ideas off each other as we collaborate with our fellow Federation musicians. Who knows? We may even get Linda to sing for us!

As long as you can bring your instrument of choice to convention, you are welcome to join the fun! Don't worry, my fellow pianists—thanks to our national office, we'll have a full-sized keyboard available. Singers also have nothing to fear—we know, of course, that our voices are instruments in their own right, and they are the most portable instruments in all of music. If you have recently written or arranged an original song, we would love to hear it! So bring your instrument, some songs, and your enthusiasm, and join us on July 4 at 1:00 PM in Suwanee 19 for what is sure to be a great time. Let's make music together!

See you in Orlando,

Chris Nusbaum and Linda Mentink, Coordinators
Blind Musicians Group
National Federation of the Blind