[MusicTlk] Introduction and a Couple of Questions

Robert Moore robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:28:34 UTC 2018

Hi Sarah,
You can order the lessons directly from bill Brown. His lessons are grate
for a learn by ear student. Since you already know basic scales I would
advise you to start by learning the names of the strings and then learning
the notes that corispind with each position on the fret board. If you want
to contact me off list I think I canhelp you transfer what you know from the
keyboard to the guitar.  Keep in mind that basically notes follow the same
pattern on the guitar as on the keyboard. That is probably way over
simplified but what I mean is that just like on the keyboard C follows B
with no black key between, IE a half step  so on the guitar you would not
have a fret between B and C like you would between say D and E. Well I hope
I did not confues matters.
Below is a link to Bill Browns Guitar by ear. You may have to copy and paste
or do a search if that does not work.
Robert
Guitar By Ear

www.guitarbyear.com Proxy  Highlight