[MusicTlk] A Clarification on the Purpose of and Reason for theBlind Musicians Group

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Tue Oct 2 20:17:25 UTC 2018

Thanks Chris.  I have not been asked any questions at all.  I'm a
senior citizen, after all! Smile.

To add to what you have said, the music division cease to be a
division in 2005 because of not having enough people willing to
be officers.  We handed the Showcase of Talent to the Performing
Arts Division, which, at that time was performance-related only.
We wanted to keep a focus on music education and Braille Music.
Under the current leadership, PAD is doing that as well, which I
am very happy about.  I'm not able to attend the PAD meetings at
National conventions, so the Blind Musicians Group allows me to
keep my finger in music, which has always been a big part of my
life.  Selfish? Maybe, but I hope not.  I'm there to encourage
and mentor.  The times, they are a-changin'!

Blessings,

Linda