[MusicTlk] Question about XML music files

Mike Jolls mrspock56 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 7 22:26:41 UTC 2018

This is a question to everyone on the list.

I’d like to know if there are existing libraries with popular music that we can access that contains pre-built music files in XML format.

For those that may not know, XML is a computer data format used to store documents as a series of data attributes.  Each aspect of a piece of music would be represented as an attribute in this format (rests, whole notes, time signatures, accents, phrasing, etc…).  A computer program could read such an XML file (say for example, Chopin’s Nocturne in Eb Major #9).  After reading the XML file, such a program could then graphically render the music on a computer screen.

To do this, a library of music would need to be built which a person could download from.  It would probably be a subscription service.  Having downloaded the XML music file, computer software would then perform the graphical rendering.

What I’m looking for is a library that is already preloaded with XMl formatted music files.  Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks