[MusicTlk] Introducing a New Leader in the Blind Musicians Group

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 20:46:45 UTC 2019

Dear Fellow Musicians:

I am excited to announce that David Dunphy will be joining me to provide
additional new leadership to the Blind Musicians Group! David is a longtime
Federationist and musician who has been a frequent contributor to various
musical projects within our conventions, most notably the sing-along which
occurred during the 2017 banquet and the Showcase of Talent, in which he has
contributed as a popular and energetic performer for many years. Like me, he
is primarily a vocalist, singing as a tenor since high school. If you have
listened to any of his broadcasts, including the convention coverage he
facilitated in 2018 and 2019, you may have heard his singing voice come out
on-air on occasion.

Closely linked with David's passion for music is his passion for
broadcasting. He has lent his considerable talent to the Internet airwaves
for nearly 20 years, currently broadcasting on 195 The Globe, a station he
founded in 2017. He knows that there are many musicians in this group who
desire to get their original music out to the world, and he hopes to use his
radio platform to facilitate that outreach. Like me, David is excited to
help the Musicians Group grow beyond our convention meetings into an
influential place where the talent of the blind community can be discovered,
cultivated and shared with the wider music-loving public.

David will soon post an introduction of his own to the list which will tell
us more about his individual goals for the group. In the meantime, I hope
you will join me in welcoming David to the team and sharing your ideas with
both of us. Thanks for all you do!

Warmly,

Chris Nusbaum

Christopher A. Nusbaum

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email: cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com <mailto:cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com>

Twitter: @Chrisn98

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done
without hope and confidence." -Helen Keller