[MusicTlk] Changing voices on electronic keyboards

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 17:00:25 UTC 2019

Hi Jo:

When I first got my keyboard, I went over it with a sighted person who read the labels on the buttons and told me where each one is. I then wrote down what he read so I can refer back to that list when I can't remember where a voice button is. I did this on my Braille notetaker, but you could do it on your phone, on your computer or on paper if you don't have a notetaker. Many keyboards have their buttons arranged in columns or rows, so you could arrange your list in the same order. For example, you could write "Row 1" followed by a list of the voices from left to right, or "Column 1" followed by the buttons ordered from top to bottom. I suppose you could probably use Aira to read the labels, though I haven't tried it that way personally. Hope this helps!

Chris Nusbaum