[MusicTlk] {Spam?} Re: {Spam?} bass tuner and audio/visual recording

Luis Arellano blindeducator at outlook.com
Wed Aug 26 06:17:55 UTC 2020

If you have an iPhone, There are tons of apps you can use to tune a ,string instrument. The one that I use which is very popular with the blind is Talking Tuner. And it is for $0.99. If you have an Android phone. SM Music Reader which is free. Also has a tuner for string instruments. Now, if you have a smart speaker like the Echo or Google Nest. You can ask your assistant to help you tune your bass, and it will play the individual strings for you to match the notes. You can also go to YouTube on your computer, and search for tuning a bass. Or what ever string instrument you are wishing to tune. Then videos will populate playing the individual strings for you to match. Now if you are looking for an audible tuner. I don't believe there's one. Or at least that I could find. If you do come across one, do let me know. Hope this info does help. As a side note. I use Talking Tuner to let me know if I have not just my guitar in tune, but to see if my clarinet, saxophone, or cornet are in tune.

Sent from my iPhone